Total Boards: 27
Portal pages: 48
Portal Links: 25
Guestbook posts: 0

Latest Member: wolfgang18
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
This message is marked as News.
Author Topic: VHR mod version 1.3  (Read 8279 times)
John_Robertson
YaBB God

Boogity Boogity Boogity

« on: January 19, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »

VHR COT and Trucks

The VHR mod (version 1.3) for rFactor is up and running on the BDR rfactor server. Currently setup to run at Lowes.  You need the 1255 patch for rFactor installed plus the VHR mod  (located here : http://www.vhracing.net/VHR-Stockcar/Downloads/Downloads.htm ).  Just thought I'd let everyone know. 

You'll also want to download the "setups folder" and the "show all setups" patch.  There is a patch for the Chicago track as well.  These are all at the VHR site above.

If you have questions let me know.  Oh and yes it is very much improved over the TPSCC we tried last winter.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:37:25 AM by D_Marzec » Logged

Go Fast ....Turn Left....Don't Wreck
Tim Bruschi

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:37:48 PM »

I was poking around the other day on the rFactor server, and noticed the BDR server. I jumped in there and ran some laps with the "factory default" setup.Not a bad mod at all.Guess i'll be off to d/l those setups.I d/l'd setups for the dirtfactor late models, but couldn't get them to show up.Maybe this patch will help.
John_Robertson
YaBB God

Boogity Boogity Boogity

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:12:43 PM »

Were you running under the name of Tim?  Should have said something and I would have sent you a setup to get you started.  I find the base ones a bit loose and the default ones tight.  I have been visiting other serves and have collected a couple of setups from some drivers who obviously know what they are doing because the sets really work for me.  Dan and I ran a few laps at Lowes last night working on setups.  I'll likely be on a bit today as well.  Be sure to download the "see all setups" patch on the VHR site othewise you can only setups that are built for individual vehicles.

D_Marzec
Administrator
YaBB God

Still Crazy After All These Beers

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »

I'm really enjoying this mod. I think it could give us something to do until the ARCA game comes out.

Download the "full install' version and if you already have rfactor version 1255 installed just copy over your rfactor.exe, and plugins directories.

If you don't have rfactor version 1255 installed yet you will need to upgrade to version 1255 and re-activate to run on our server. Get the 1255 upgrade here

Before you upgrade to version 1255 backup your 1250 rfactor files AND trymedia folder so you can swap back and forth between versions if needed . Instructions here:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rfactor_1250_1255_swap.cfm

After you're all backed up and upgraded to 1255 you can use rfactor license swap utility to quickly change between versions.
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFLicSwap

If you lost your activation code or order number, here are instructions to retrieve it:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3557966&postcount=5

If your out of activation codes email purchase@rfactor.net

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 05:30:19 PM by D_Marzec » Logged

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now"
John_Robertson
YaBB God

Boogity Boogity Boogity

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »

Dan, the rfactor server is still stuck with a race of 40 laps and 12 minutes.  I was unable to change it even using the server web page.  According to the server page it should be 20 laps and 40 minutes but in the sim it different.  I think only the great and mighty wizard can help us now.   Thanks for the pic too.

D_Marzec
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

Nobody gets to see the Wizard, not nobody, not nohow.

Should be fixed now John. It was set to "percentage". I prolly borked it last night while I was trying the command line.

I pillaged that pic from the VHR site....looks sweet. Not Atari-like at all Smiley

Added info above for swapping 1250-1255 for anyone who may need that.

John_Robertson
YaBB God

Boogity Boogity Boogity

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »

Sometime under the cover of darkness you'll need to tell me just how you can make that change from the command line.  I tried it several times today from the command line but couldn't get beyond the regular admin phase.  Regardless thanks for the assist oh great and wonderful OZ.

K. Grayson
YaBB God

Physics doesn't play favorites

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »

No hell no nope nada not even a chance.   Besides, I like Atari.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:13:23 PM by K. Grayson » Logged

"Guns kill people." If thats true then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil--Larry the Cable Guy.
Darryl Johnson
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

John,

I don't see an option to download a "setups folder" anywhere. Is it called something else, or is it located somewhere else?

--
  Darryl
D_Marzec
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »

Darryl,

For some reason the link isn't showing up using firefox. Try this:
http://www.vhracing.net/VHR-Stockcar/Downloads/download_temps_section.htm

* Space-Invaders.gif (18.89 KB, 244x268 - viewed 111 times.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:11:53 PM by D_Marzec » Logged

Darryl Johnson
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:13:52 AM »

Thanks Dan.

I ran some laps last night and had mixed feelings about the whole thing. Nice graphics!

But the car handling was an issue for me. I may be spoiled by the ultra smooth N2K3 game, but I found it extremely difficult to steer the car.  Even with a setup that Dan sent me.

The problem was a dead feeling on-centre, and then the car felt like it had a ton of weight in the back end, so that when you did get it to start turning, it felt like the back end wanted to keep on turning. It was next to impossible to keep the car in a straight line on the straights, and also to exit the turns anywhere near the outside wall without ending up hitting the wall.

I described it to Dan as feeling like a huge pendulum. The back wanted to swing from side to side like a weight at the end of a sting as you turned the steering. I tried Dan's initial steering ratio of 10:1, and ended up as high as 16:1 with no improvement. (Any lower and there wasn't enough 'turn' to get out of the pits.)

Maybe this is how real cars actually feel and the other games I've driven are completely false in how they are so smooth and even with the steering. Somehow I doubt it.

I'll keep trying to modify my setup and controller configuration to try to smooth things out, but until I do, I won't be racing anyone. The only way to stay off the walls is to be dog slow (and to avoid side-by-side situations).

I'd be a menace to everyone if I ever found myself side-by-side with anyone. Forget about three-wide!

--
  Darryl

D_Marzec
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

Darryl, did you try thr g25 setup that was included in the setup pack? I suspect it's related to the type wheel. John and I have tsw non-ffb. Where is your speed-sensitive steering set at? Mine is 20%

Tim was on too, maybe he'll chime in with his thoughts.

Tim Bruschi

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »

It's definitely "different".The graphics are awesome,i noticed that watching Dan and John race after i crashed.The "factory default" settings are very stable,but very slow.The base set from VHR wasn't bad, but Dans was faster.I felt like the car was trying to steer itself back and forth down the straights(like a very worn idler arm kinda feeling).Some front end alignment adjustments SHOULD take care of that.The toe setting is "toe in",so i think for toe out it will be a negative number.(i.e. toe in -5 degrees).The steering ratio is actually not a ratio,it is how far your wheels turn in degrees. So at 10 your wheels max turning capability is 10 degrees. I cranked that up to 20.Just gonna take some time to try different settings.I have a g-25 with ff set at 50%, and the first time out i almost yanked my wheel right off the desk trying to hold onto it,,lol.I don't have enough experience at Charlotte to know what i want the car to feel like. Some laps at Bristol and Talledega will leave me with more of an opinion,,but i like it so far. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:58:46 PM by Tim Bruschi » Logged
Don Ellisor

Anytime

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »

Need some help.  Installed stand alone program and then tried to run it.  The program gets to The screen that says VHR STOCKCAR 2008 EDITION.  Down in right hand corner RFACTOR CUSTOMIZE CONTROL CONNECT version 1.3 and locks up.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have" 

Thomas Jefferson
D_Marzec
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »

Don,

Try going into your VHR directory and running rfconfig to setup your video card

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: